Saturday, March 19, 2011

To Be A Child Once More

To wake up each morning, thrilled by a kaleidoscopic dream

that makes me want to run by the meadow and chase those little white and yellow butterflies who graciously court the wildflowers of the still dew-damp earth..

To keep a treasure that doesn't sparkle but defines who i am years after..

To meet a new friend and never have to pretend...

To cry and let tears fall when it hurts and not always play brave...

To not feel shy to ask for a kiss

and to simply say I love you and truly mean it...

To climb the mango tree again to the highest branch

and consume my lungs as I sing with the Wind...

To gasp in wonder at that breath-taking rainbow

and believe that it is God's way of saying sorry

for yesterday's storm...

And to gaze with enchanted eyes at that beautiful golden sunset

as the sun bids me goodbye...

To wish, with all my heart, upon the first shimmering star

that lit up the velvety twilight sky..

To throw a kiss upon Mother Moon as I bade her goodnight

and listen to my personal lullaby as I fall asleep by the window, waiting for Peter Pan to swoop by...

Oh and to once more believe in fairy dusts,

that together with Faith, will make me fly!

Ahh...to see the world again with innocent wonder

and ready acceptance of things as they are...

To be a child once more...



No comments: